Looks more like ruffles than lace to me. The picture I posted
of her a while ago in my Plans for 2012 post implies the same thing.
So I began sewing, starting out with the black underskirt. Things weren't exactly coming along smoothly, but I can blame a horrible headache, a cold and an obnoxious cat for that one. Eventually I ended up with something looking like this;
It doesn't look much in the picture like in real life, but oh well, this is the
only picture I have, as my camera was running out of battery.
Also, my cat apperantly was of the opinion that she had conquered my
fabric, and that I no longer was allowed to touch it, which resulted in cutting
things out became way harder than it should have been....
After finishing the underskirt part, I started to work on the red part. I don't have much to say about that one, it was fairly simple, basically a pleated skirt. Some changes have been made since the following picture, but my camera died, so this is the last picture I have of it. I didn't do much after this picture though, I ironed it to make the pleats look better, moved the red part a little so the black would show less and sewed the two skirts together, they're only pinned together in the pic.
I still have to make some sort of waistband and add the zipper, but after that it should be done.