Honestly though, I'm super excited for my upcoming cosplay. It is so different from anything I've ever done before, and so far working on it has been super fun. The character I'm making is Sinon from Sword Art Online, Phantom Bullet Arc.
Another SAO cosplay in other words... This time from an arc that hasn't even aired as anime yet. I love the design of SAO characters, they're really detailed compared to many other anime designs, and the anime was decent as well. Not best anime ever, but ok enough to cosplay from it haha. I chose this character in particular since I wanted to sign up for Cosvisions competition, and I needed a cosplay that would be "contest material". This character instantly popped into my head, and I decided to go for her. I also really like the fact that her design is very different from what I've made before (mostly school uniforms, old-timey dresses, fantasy looking stuff), and I really wanted to try out making something with a more modern look. Plus, she looks badass. I mean really, she does.
So I obviously rushed to the fabric store so i could get going with this project, and even though I was just planning to buy just some of the fabric I ended up finding so much awesome fabric that I could not contain myself and ended up getting materials for all of her outfit except for the scarf.
I was especially concerned about finding the green fabric for her jacket, since finding specific shades of colors like green is really hard at the small Eurokangas in Vasa. At first I found a semi good fabric which I almost ended up buying.... And then my awesome boyfriend found the perfect green, perfect texture, perfect price fabric in the bottom of a pile of fabric rolls! So all in all I was very happy with my fabric for this costume ^^
I started out with making the bodusuit thing she has going on, and it really wasn't that interesing od a process except for the boobie cup part. Not only did they look different in every reference picture, they were also annoying to make. But in the end I defeated them and while the bodysuit isn't 100% done, I've gotten quite some work done on it.
Not looking very flattering in these pics but oh well. Those green camping mat parts will of course be covered, painted and fixed up before I attach them for real.
I also started working on the jacket, and I must say I'm loving how it's turning out so far. I really haven't gotten that much done since I started working on it like, yesterday, but I've made some progress~
Fingers closeup! But no, what i wanted to showcase is the FUNCTIONAL pockets. I'm really way more proud of them than I should be but I mean... They work! So cool. (Those black tiny spots are leftovers from a ripped seam, so they really look even cleaner and neater for real). I also made a sleeve yesterday but I made all the applique on the wrong side, so I'll fix that before I post any pics of that wonder. That should be it for now, I'll be back later with some more progress pictures. Bye for now~