Monday, December 26, 2011

Trolls, Christmas and Cameras

Firstly, Merry Christmas to all of you, even if I'm a bit late with wishing you that haha.  I've had a good Christmas so far, and I hope you all have eaten lots of tasty foods and gotten lots of nice presents, I know for sure I did. My main Christmas gift would be a new camera (seriously, thank you mom and dad, now I won't have to use that shitty compact camera from 2008 anymore at cons). It's a Nikon Coolpix P500, if anyone is interested, it kinda looks like a mix between a fancy DSLR and a regular compact camera, and it's pretty damn good, I can't wait until I get to try it out for real, I've just been taking some pics at home so far. ^^

                                          Just two pics I took with it when trying it out~


In other news, I just added another cosplay to my plans, Kanaya from Homestuck. I am not sure of what specific version yet, but I'm aiming for her red dress version, I just love that one, it matches her overall classiness. Red dresses are just fabulous too~ And she has a chainsaw, I've always wanted to do a cosplay with a chainsaw.


  Hey sexy lady~

As there has been lots of Christmas dinners and family reunions and whatnot these past days I haven't been able to work too many hours, so rather than continuing working on Saya, who I like to spend lots of time on once I start, I've made some small details for Kanaya instead, I've worked on the horns and the sign on her belt.


The horns while I was sanding them. Not the smartest
thing to do when you've just cleaned your floor, the dust is
getting everywhere, but oh well, what wouldn't I do for cosplay?
I still have to attach these to a headband and paint them, obviously.


The belt symbol, before I cut it out and and after cutting and painting. 

Tomorrow is the first day of the huge Christmas sale too, and I might be going into town if I feel like it to see if I can find something usable for upcoming cosplays now that I've got money after Christmas too.


/Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment